The 2018 session will take place in Inner Mongolia, China, supported by the Inner Mongolia Bureau of National Art Troupes. The rehearsal session will be in Hohhot, and the concert tour will follow through Inner Mongolia, Beijing, and Guizhou province. The tour will end with the choir singing at the opening ceremony of China’s 14th International Chorus Festival in Beijing.
The core programme of the World Youth Choir for 2018 will consist of Nordic and European choir music from the 20th century and Asian folk and popular music and the conductors will be Helene Stureborg (Sweden) e Jonathan Velasco (Phillipines).
The partecipation is opened to young singers who:
are passionate and experienced high-level choral singers or soloists;
are between 17 and 26 years old on July 1, 2018 (obligatory);
have basic or professional music education;
are ready to improve their singing and social skills;
are ready to meet new friends all over the world;
are ready to accept the diversity of world cultures;
are eager to learn in a multicultural environment;
are ready to spend one month with great people.
Since there is no audition for the selection of candidates (no national recruiters) in Italy, those wishing to enter the World Your Choir must make a request by submitting a direct application according to the methods of supervised recording. In other words, they will have to present a self-examination by recording the materials required by the notice under the supervision of a tutor.
These in brief the steps to follow:
- identify a supervisor (teacher, director, former WYC choir) who will follow you in your self-examination;
- visit www.worldyouthchoir.org and request the direct application at www.worldyouthchoir.org/request-direct-application;
- in the field in which the motivation for the direct application is requested, choose "Candidate from a country where there is no national audition organized";
- once your request has been accepted, you will receive all the instructions and materials for self-examination, except of course the exercise at first sight, which will be sent to your supervisor's e-mail address
a) A range test
b) Sight reading piece
c) Prepared score: One obligatory choral excerpt
d) Aria of choice
For further details: www.worldyouthchoir.org/prepare-your-audition
The registrations must be sent through the on-line form by the supervisor or by the candidate himself, attaching:
- four different mp3 files;
- a photo in jpeg format;
- a brief curriculum vitae;
- a scan or color photo of the passport.
The methods for submitting your application above are valid both for new candidates and for singers already admitted to WYC in the past as reserves.
For further information please visit the web-site www.worldyouthchoir.org